I will be giving a talk to the KL Bar on Tuesday 3pm 19 April 2011 ‘Shareholder Remedies: How to Slay a Dragon‘. The talk is very much inspired by my earlier article with the same title.
Some of the topics I’ll be covering over the span of about 2 hours:
- The rule in Foss v Harbottle – the two-headed dragon.
- The WMDs: Winding-up, Minority Oppression, Derivative Action.
- Interim Remedies and the Statutory Injunction.
- The Side Arms: Convening Meetings and Director’s Access to Records.
- Case studies: The 50-50 Split, the Matriach Company and the Tale of the Lazarus company.
- Arbitrating Shareholder Disputes?
Do come and attend if you are interested in learning a bit more.